Saturday, June 9, 2012

D.i.y Glass Bottle Planters

Aloha lovely reader!
So, I've been doing more gardening, and today, as I was headed to throw some glass tea bottles into the recycling bin, I was struck with an idea...
Hmmm, I thought to myself, what would happen if I threw some dirt and seeds in these things?
I just so happened to have some extra zinnia seeds, so I went to town.
Here's the tutorial on how to create some unique, recycled planters!
You'll need glass bottles or jars, seeds, stones (for drainage), and of course, potting soil!
1) Fill bottles an inch or two with stones. 2) Pour soil into the bottles. Fill almost to the top, leaving however many inches the recommended seed depth is. 3) Sprinkle seeds into the bottle's opening. 4) Fill the bottle the rest of the way up. 5) Water and wait for a sprout!
Happy planting everyone!
I'm off to watch Vampires Suck, which I haven't seen yet, so I hope it's good!
Nighty night,
~Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment