Tuesday, June 5, 2012

D.i.y Fun Photo Garland

Earlier today, I was thinking what a shame it was that most photos (of mine at least) end up in my computer, on Flickr, or on Facebook...and stay there. For like...ever. Very rarely do I ever print them out or frame them. Photos on Facebook and Flickr are great, but you'd be surprised at what a difference it makes printing them out and displaying them in real life.
This project is perfect for rainy days (or sunny days, or moderately cloudy days when you're not sure what the weather's going to be) and it does just that! Enjoy!

DIY PHOTO GARLAND

You'll need: Twine/ribbon, pretty scrap paper (for flags), your photos (spread out on the page like they are in the picture--this is important for later!), scissors, and a glue stick.
Ready?
1) Cut the twine to the length you want your garland to be. 2) Cut out your photos, making sure to cut so that there is a tab (roughly 1/4 inch) on the top of each photo. 3) Now to make the flags! Cut a square roughly 4 in x 4 in from a piece of your scrap paper. 4) Fold said square in half. 5) Cut a triangle from the folded square by cutting two diagonal lines up and away from the middle. Be careful, since it's important that these two halves match up when they are folded over the twine. 
 6) Glue one side of the triangle and fold it over the twine, pressing both sides together. 7) Repeat this process with the rest of your paper. Make about as many flags as you have photos for an even alternating design. 8) Now for your photos! Fold the tabs on top of all your photos over the back and crease. 9) For each photo, run a line of glue along the tab 10) Fold photo tabs over the twine. For some of my photos, I found it was helpful to secure the back with some tape.

And voila! You now have a cute and personal decoration to hang anywhere!

I'm sure there are a ton of ways to embellish this project (ribbons, anyone?). Let me know how you did it, and while you're at it, go ahead and link to a photo of your finished project in the comments!
Now I think I hear my bed calling my name...
xoxo,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment