Friday, June 8, 2012

Gardening away...

As promised, here's that future post about gardening! I was happily planting until it started pouring buckets and thundering and lightning. But at least I didn't have to water! Thanks Mother Nature!
 My garden isn't too full yet, because my wallet isn't either. Ideally, I would have had seeds sprouting, but none I planted did anything with all of the rain lately! Anyway, here are some photos I took today: 
 A lovely assortment of the flowers I bought sitting on my deck begging me to plant them.
 This is the most passionate zinnia I've come across in awhile.
 Ranunculus! Although I have no idea how to spell it, I lovelovelove them.
 Dahlias...definitely in my top 10 favorite flowers!
 Portulaca...I got pink and red ones, but I'm afraid they're a little shocked after the huge rainstorm we just had...
 A macro shot of the orange ranunculus.
 A crazy daisy we found at WalMart!


 The poor things were really root-bound...but we fixed 'em up!
 Alyssum...it smells exactly like honey!
 Flaca the Fly.

 Arnold the Ant. And the yellow ranunculus!

 My toesies and my posies.

Me getting down and dirty...with my portulaca?

So tomorrow we'll see how the gardens fared, and until then, I'm going to work on compiling a list of my top 10 favorite flowering plants. I'll be sure to share it with you soon! What are some of your favorites?
Have a loverly evening,
Morgan:)

No comments:

Post a Comment